It didn't work the way I was expecting. The next day I came in and found both containers completely empty and both with a note taped to the bottom that said, "Please fill butter container" and "Please fill Becel container". I did not. I got what I needed from the fridge and left them empty. I knew the person that left the note would be working again that night. The person that left the note is not one of my favourite people to work with. They have the tendency to be bossy, lazy and disrespectful. They were not impressed. The person and another coworker complained about me. I know this because a good friend of mine was working that night as well. I texted my boss and she replied with, "What goes around comes around." I felt justified in my taking a stand at this issue.
Which brings me to the Golden Rule. "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you." This is a rule I live by. If I want people to be good to me I'm going to be good to them first. It is the best way to get anything done that is good. It can be as simple as holding the door for someone carrying a lot of things or leaving a note of encouragement.
Do you want good things to be done to you? Do them for others first.
And if you empty it, fill it up!

No comments:
Post a Comment