Friday, 24 August 2012

Still, not a good day

You know how you wake up feeling great, there's a bounce in your step, the sun is shining and the sky is blue?

That is how my day started. It quickly diminished from there. I got to work and my manager is outside talking to a coworker in her car and walks over to me with a grim look on her face. I knew it was bad news, but it wasn't the bad news I was expecting. I work in a retirement home. Bad news happens. This was worse, much worse.

My dear friend and coworker committed suicide. It has been a difficult day. I loved my friend. I knew they were going through some really tough times. No one expected this. I don't even know what to think or what to feel. I feel like I'm in a haze.

I am well acquainted with death and grief, but this was new for me. My neighbourhood grandfather passed away when I was 19. My Gramma at 20. My boyfriend, three weeks before I turned 22. And many since then. It doesn't get easy. I, thankfully, know where I can find peace. I know that I will see them again. I know that they are not gone forever. I know.


This is a short video from a talk that President Thomas S Monson, prophet of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints gave.

No comments:

Post a Comment